Welcome to Impudia's Educational Game Blog. The goal here is to bring together knowledge from very talented people of all sorts of backgrounds in order to create Effective, Engaging and Educational Games. EVERYONE is invited to share your ideas and thoughts. Let the Games Begin!


Learning to be Fit



I wanted to start the interactivity element with a great game by Nintendo... Wii Fit.

The reason I chose this game is because I believe this game motivates people to exercise, it teaches them about healthy habits and it does it all while you are having fun.

When I was living in orlando I got a Wii Fit, and for many months it allowed me to track my weight, get on a routine and lose some weight. The only downside was that I would make a lot of noise and I ended up not using it too often in order to not bother my downstairs neighbors.

Important Notes:
-The game controls are very simple to use.
-There is a nice variety of ways to play games.
-You can visualize how good you are using the controls.


My Thoughts:
-The controls are pretty intuitive, this helps anyone start playing and then they can improve over time and learn how to master the controls. Complex controls will easily drive people away from a game, even if it is a great game (this sort of happened to me with Zelda's Skyward Sword)
-The variety in the controls help keep the game interesting, I remember doing some running and then just relaxing with a little game that just required me to hit some soccer balls, and then jumping into an intense boxing workout. This really allowed me to spend more time than I would if it was just one type of control.
-The visual and sound feedback really helps the user adjust and learn little details on how to improve. So for example on a game to teach music, you could visually display the tempo, or perhaps the notes in order for the student to notice immediately a mistake without having some sort of punishment for missing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment