Welcome to Impudia's Educational Game Blog. The goal here is to bring together knowledge from very talented people of all sorts of backgrounds in order to create Effective, Engaging and Educational Games. EVERYONE is invited to share your ideas and thoughts. Let the Games Begin!


Learning about Teamwork

Welcome!

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit the blog. I want  to give you a brief explanation of my goals with this site and how YOU are a key part of it.

I have always have a very strong passion for making fun, educational games. I have developed over 50 games, although most of them are not educational. The reason why I decided to make this blog, and the reason I hope you join my quest, is because I am very aware that the fastest, most effective way to make a good solid game is with TEAMWORK.

You have great skills in a particular area, any area, I am sure you have many things you could teach the rest of us. My goal is to create a blog where very talented people from around the world share their thoughts on how to improve a particular area of an Educational game.

I have broken down the game development of an educational game in the following elements:

Assets: Art and Sounds
Education: The learning component of the game
Engine: The game engine that holds the whole thing
Games: A look at educational games to learn about what works and what needs improvement
Interactivity: Making the game Fun
Market: Analysis of what type of technology is currently available and how teachers adapt to it.
Tests: Testing the games that get created.

I will be posting very often on the blog, but I don't want to be analyzing everything by myself, I want to hear your comments, I want to see your work, share it with the community. If you feel like having a post on the blog, send it over, I will gladly add it for the community to learn from it.

THANK YOU for your time, and hopefully one day we will have great working games at every school.

Daniel Bahamon (danbahamon@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment